Wednesday, April 10

Sugar-coated

What is trust? I thought I could trust you. I cannot afford any more disappointments. I won't let anyone know that because of how dramatic it sounds. I hate that my parents still somehow think I can't handle the real world myself. It hurt when they sugar-coated the truth claiming that it was for my own sake. Why didn't I tell them how bad it made me feel? He said he liked me then, but I said I didn't and chose to push him away. It has nothing to do with him, because I actually liked him a lot. My friends said we resembled each other a lot, but nothing did they know about how different we were. I don't trust people. Not because they don't deserve my trust or because I'm any better, but because I have no right to bore them with my stories. I said I didn't like him, because he had no good reasons. Why would anyone like me? Why especially me? I'm just like any other person. There's no such thing as teenage-love. I pushed him away and he didn't understand why. My mom doesn't understand why I act like a guy all the time. They think I just want to be a tomboy. I prefer to stay silent. I love the virtual world just because I can hide behind a chat claiming to be happy while I'm actually crying myself to sleep.They think, we interpret, she believes, they assure, he misunderstands, she claims, I choose not to answer. Most of them mistake my silence for arrogance. They think I hate them while I actually think they're the greatest. I don't say a word, because I have no idea what to say. I can't let the words flow out of my mouth just like that. But then again, I once tried to let everything out. It was a mistake. However, what is trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment