Monday, November 5

I look in the mirror. Someone who is totally identical to me stares at me. I try to look away, but I want to make sure that person won't do the same. I look away, then look back in the mirror. And there it is, an identical picture of me. I wonder who that is. They say mirrors show you a reflection of your picture. Is that really me? The picture I have of myself is totally different. That person who is looking me straight in the eyes looks happy, cheerful and carfree. That's not me. I'm totally messed up. I look very messy; I'm wearing wrinkled clothes, my hair looks like a bush and my eyes are tomato red. That reflection is wearing very tidy pajamas and isn't looking messy. I look again but this time I'm closer to the mirror. This has to be me. Why then am I happy? That must be an illusion. Or I'm pretending to be happy. Maybe that's it. I look away again. I wonder what happens to mirrors when we look away. Do our reflections also look away or do they stare at us? That's stupid. Mirrors are just mirrors. They only reflect what's in front of them. That means that this girl who is looking at me is me. I'm just looking at myself. The only difference is that I'm looking at myself with different eyes. Those eyes in the mirror can only see the obvious; short girl, brown hair, brushed teeth, green pajamas. Those eyes that are somehow in contact with my brain can see better from the inside than from the outside and therefore see a lost girl, worn out pajamas, an exhausted facial expression and messy hair.

That's what happens in parallel universes.

No comments:

Post a Comment