Thursday, November 22

Just another possibility

What if the reason why I wear no makeup is that I'm afraid to cry and mess it all up?

What if the reason why I don't want to fall in love is that I haven't witnessed enough successful lovestories?

What if this whole life is a joke? What if you woke up one morning realizing that life really is as beautiful as elderly people say it is?
What if the world really is a pleasant place?

What if I hate watching television because of those ads claiming that life is a piece of cake? What if I hate movies because of how picture perfect they are?

What if I hate American movies because they try to monitor to the world that only money can get you happiness?

What if I read because that's the closest thing to running away?

What if you think I love you while I actually haven't even noticed your presence?

What if I only listen to you because I'm afraid you might walk away if you knew I don't get a word you say?

What if I like watching devastating news because they give me an excuse to cry without feeling petty?

What if the world really does understand me?

What if friendship is nothing more than life's way of telling you that even though you'll have to go through shit, you won't be completely alone?

What if you really could grow up to be whoever you want? What if it's just you not putting enough effort into whatever you're doing?

What if this whole thing is an illusion? What if these words are only written in your mind and not on that screen?

What if I write to run away, because I'm too cowardly to speak up? And what if the only thing I've ever wanted was to run away?

No comments:

Post a Comment